I distinctly remembering enjoying my mom’s cottage cheese pancakes while growing up. This recipe is an adaptation exchanging ‘wheat flour’ for arrowroot starch. After playing around with the recipe, here is what I came up with! Enjoy!
Yield: 9 large pancakes
- 2 cups dry cottage cheese
- 4 organic/free range eggs
- ½ tsp Celtic or Himalayan salt
- 3 Tbsp arrowroot starch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup grated asiago or parmesan cheese (optional)
Place all ingredients into a bowl and mix well. Using a stainless steel skillet, fry in unflavored coconut oil (about 10 minutes). Flip when you see a slight browning.
Note: The unflavored coconut oil I use and recommend is Wilderness Family Naturals expeller pressed coconut oil.
Serve with butter and real maple syrup – yummy!
You can make a bunch and keep in the fridge for about 5 days. To reheat, using a skillet, simply melt about 1 Tbsp of butter or coconut oil, a little water and Celtic salt. Then place your premade pancake and let it warm up for about 1 minute. Cover with lid.
- Fit, Healthy, and Well Easy Meal Plan -
- Coronavirus Prevention: Up-to-date Facts and Precautions -
- Michale’s Recipe EBook -
- How to stick to your health goals -
- START HERE – The Fit n Healthy Reset -
- Find out how Winsome lost 23 lbs in 7 weeks after she almost lost hope. -
- Check out how Maggie lost 6 lbs in just a few weeks! -
- Biotherapeutic Drainage -
- 3 Ingredient Smoothie -
- How Journaling Can Help You Get in Shape, with Michale Hartte -