Therapist. Chartered Herbalist
As a Natural Health Practitioner, I often get asked, what assessment tools I use to find out why they can’t lose weight, have energy, or just feel crappy. In other words, what ‘modalities’ do you use to determine what’s wrong and how to get them better.
I use 2 different modalities to find out where my client is weak and all 3 modalities to help them get better.
The 2 that I use to find out where my client is weak are from the training I’ve done as an NNCP/RNT and Certified Biotherapeutic Drainage Practitioner. I use my training as a Chartered Herbalist to recommend specific foods and herbal teas to rebalance the body.
More information about these modalities can be found below.
CH – Chartered Herbalist
All modalities are based on Natural Medicine Principles.
Natural Medicine Principles
Dis-ease is caused by an imbalance in the functioning of the physical, mental, emotional or spiritual level of an individual. The imbalance produces ‘symptoms’, which are warning sign expressions of the imbalance, telling us that we need to look at what we are doing to our body.
We have a choice. We can suppress the symptoms, or we can take a look at what is causing it.
Natural Medicine is the art and science of health care based on principles derived from centuries of research and observation into the process of disease and healing.
The 5 most common principles include:
- Find the cause. Have a headache? Are you constipated? Do you have sleeping problems? The goal is to remove the root cause of any of these conditions, instead of simply getting rid of the symptoms.
- The body can heal itself. The body has an innate wisdom to heal itself. Once the obstacles are removed, and the bodily functions supported, the body has the ability to move towards a restorative state of health. Did you know many of the unpleasant ‘symptoms’ are actually the body’s attempt to heal?
- Do no harm. Natural medicine employs products that are safe, non-toxic, and with no side effects, when used properly.
- Wholism. Dis-ease or Dis-function is multifactorial. Heredity, diet, environment, lifestyle, emotions, etc. all affect the health of an individual. All aspects of the individual’s health are examined.
- Prevention: Health is yours to have. Why wait for symptoms of disease to appear before taking control of your health? Health provides freedom and piece of mind. Natural health practitioners aim to keep clients free from disease on all levels.
- Education: Natural health practitioners teach about healthy diets and lifestyle. The goal is to educate their clients so that they have the tools to make intelligent choices about factors that affect their health. Natural health practitioners can act as teachers, coaches, a place for resources, etc. Clients are encouraged to accept responsibility for their health, ask questions and be active participants in their healing process.
Natural Nutritional Clinical Practitioner (NNCP/RNT)
A nutritional consultant (NNCP) advises people on how to improve health and well-being by carefully studying what their bodies actually need. Since each of us is different biochemically, what works for one person may be of little benefit to another.
The standard, ‘one size fits all’ approach to nutrition are usually not very effective. A skilled nutritional consultant uses up to date scientific principles with experience to individualize each clients program.
Assessment tools include: in depth client health history, nutritional symptomatology questionnaire (extensive), recent blood work analysis, and tongue/nail/skin analysis.
Registered Nutritional Therapist* (RNT) is a title that requires a minimum of 3 years of experience in the field and a clear focus. All RNT’s must be NNCP’s in good standing. A registry of professional granted the title is maintained by CANNP
Certified Biotherapeutic Drainage Practitioner
A Certified Biotheraepeutic Drainage Practitioner uses a combination of natural products to ensure the regular elimination of toxins that burden the body of a person. Of great importance is that ‘drainage’ must always be individualized.
What is Biotherapeutic Drainage?
The burden of health problems that plague modern society result from weaknesses in the body’s physiological foundations as a result of poor nutrition, stress overload, lack of exercise, environmental toxins and more.
We have the potential to naturally eliminate toxins – depending on the body’s toxic load.
Biotherapeutic Drainage is a long-lasting and effective way of restoring health to the body as it works at an intracellular and extracellular level, facilitating the detoxification organs to remove blockages while respecting natural physiology.
Opening the detoxification organs to discharge toxins helps to support physiological functions, encouraging the body towards homeostasis.
A chartered herbalist specializes in the use of plants for medicinal purposes. Plants have been the basis for medical treatments through much of human history, and such traditional medicine is still widely practiced today
Looking for a personalized plan?
One-on-one consults are available! Go here for One on One Help
Michale Hartte BASc (Nutr), NNCP, CH offers personal consultations both in person and by phone/skype. (on line)
Want to learn more about Michale? Click here: Why Choose Michale
Why wait? Ready to start now? Then book for your appointment here:: Contact Michale
Need more information? Please contact Michale here: – Contact Michale