Imagine waking up refreshed, full of energy and get more done in a day than ever before!
IT ALL STARTS WITH GOOD QUALITY SLEEP
Before I share 3 top tips to get your best sleep, did you know getting the right amount of sleep will also help you to
- Lose Weight
- Curb your cravings for carbohydrates
- Eradicate depression
- Lower your blood pressure and stress levels
- Reverse Type 11 diabetes
- Minimize the risk of heart disease
- Help prevent Cancer
Yes, all of this can be yours if you get enough sleep! T.S. Wiley in her book ‘Lights Out – Sleep, Sugar, and Survival’ gives you all the research behind the positive affects of a good nights sleep.
The ones I’ve listed above are just some of them.
Now for what you’ve been waiting for.
3 Top Tips to get your best sleep
- A good night’s sleep starts in the morning. Getting morning sunlight activates your sleep hormone, ‘melatonin’ to later be released at night. You only need 20 minutes in the morning and sunglasses off for this to work. Pretty simple stuff!
- Pay attention to daytime stimulants and night time sugars. Stimulants like caffeinated beverages (coffee, pop, tea), especially past noon can disrupt sleep. Sugars like wine, desserts (even fruit), especially past 7 pm can create a delayed hypoglycemic response waking you up between 2 and 3 am. Best to stop all food or beverages past 8pm. Easy to do!
- Be mindful to treat people the way you’d like to be treated. Often times we lay awake at night thinking that we may have said or did something that just didn’t sit right. You know the feeling? Kinda like a big knot in your throat, heart or stomach. A good daily practice is to think before you speak or do. Stop. Pause. Then take action.
Well, I sure hope this has been helpful. I know how much better I am when I get my best sleep. For me, it feels like I’ve been at the day spa. Fully recovered. Light and refreshed.
Need more help to get your best sleep? Just book your FREE 15 minute consult by clicking here
- Easy Roast Chicken Recipe + Best Tasting! -
- 3 Ways to Stick to Your Health Goals and Stay Healthy -
- How to Reach Your Ideal Weight – Come to my next wellness talk! -
- Wicked Thai Coconut Soup -
- Black Friday Sale on all things Winter Wellness + Ideal Weight! -
- 3 Top Tips to Winter Wellness and Your Ideal Weight -
- The Perfect Protein Bar -
- From stomach pain and extra weight to pain free and easy weight loss -
- The Ultimate Squash Bread (great bread alternative) -
- How to Start Eating Healthy Again -