Delicious Squash Cookies
Gluten free/grain free/dairy free
I first created these because I LOVE cookies and wanted to create a healthy version of them. So I started to have some fun in the kitchen and came up with the most delicious cookies made of squash! Family and kid-friendly too!
The secret ingredient is the squash. It helped make the texture turn out perfect. These squash cookies are bursting with flavour and now a staple in our home and I hope they will be in yours too!
Makes 12 large cookies
- 1 cup winter squash (butternut, acorn, spaghetti, etc) previously cooked. Skins off (just use the ‘flesh’)
- 1 zucchini or large carrot, grated
- ½ cup butter or coconut oil, or combination
- 1 tsp cinnamon or 1 tsp cinnamon+½ tsp nutmeg + pinch cloves.
- ½ tsp of each – Himalayan salt, baking soda, baking powder
- ½ cup previously ground nuts or seeds (almonds, flax, chia, pumpkin). Use a coffee grinder.
- 2 tbsp of coconut flour
- 7 pitted dates or 1/3 cup real maple syrup or coconut sugar
- 2 organic, free range eggs
- 1 scoop of Purelean Ultra (vanilla) protein powder or equivalent
- 1/3 cup – ½ cup filtered water
- ¼ cup organic raisins or chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Mix all ingredients in food processor except raisins or chocolate chips (optional).
- Stir in raisins or chocolate chips if using.
- Line a tray with parchment paper and with a wooden spoon, dab about 3 Tbsp of the mixture onto the tray (leave about 1 inch between each cookie).
- Bake for about 25 minutes. You know its ready with you can insert a toothpick and it comes out clean.
They are best served once they have cooled slightly, right from the oven. I like to add a dab of real organic butter for extra pleasure. To reheat, use your toaster oven (NEVER the microwave) and ‘toast’ for a few minutes until they reach the perfect temperature. They keep for about 1 week in the fridge. For time-saving ideas, bake a few batches and freeze the extras!
I hope you found these healthy cookies as a good cookie alternative and something you’d like to try.
For more quick to make recipes like this, download my FREE slim and filling recipe book
Got a specific health issue you need help fixing? Book your FREE 15 min troubleshooting session here. Go to Michale’s Calendar
Want your own Personalized Nutrition Plan to FINALLY get healthy, reach your ideal weight, look and feel like yourself again? Go here – contact me for your plan now! Offering Skype, Facetime, Phone, or in-person appointments.
Just one appointment will give you exactly what you need to get your body and health back!
20 years experience helping individuals get their health (and body) back!
Fit ‘n Healthy Nutritional consulting
Michale Hartte BASc (Nutr), NNCP, CH www.askmichale.com