There’s Nothing Like A Hearty Bowl Of Top Tasting Chili To Warm You Up During The Fall And Winter Months
This Top Tasting Chili is a great stand-alone meal, perfect on those days you’ve hit the gym hard, as well as a wonderful way to feed your entire family a highly nutritious feast.
Jam packed full of energy-boosting iron rich liver, slimming and trimming metabolic boosting peppers, and high fiber kidney beans as KEY ingredients.
Feel free to adjust to suit your particular diet.
However, I do encourage those without any dietary restrictions to use all the ingredients listed in this Top Tasting Chili Recipe.
Using the slow cooker is especially helpful if you have different meal times or work late.
This Top Tasting Chili Recipe (which serves 12) is great for children’s school lunches – and you can freeze the extras too!
Preparation of Liver (if using):
- Start with the liver (sourced organically and very fresh). If you are new to eating liver, choose chicken liver over beef liver due to its mild taste.
- Rinse the liver slices and place them into a glass bowl to which you then add lemon juice (enough to cover the liver).
- Cover and store in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight. This draws out any impurities and gives a nicer texture.
- Once you are ready to use, rinse the liver again, place in a food processor and mix. Any leftover liver can be frozen in ice cube trays for future convenient use.
Preparation of Kidney Beans (if using):
- Rinse the beans and place them in a large bowl.
- Add water to cover with at least 2 inches to spare, plus a pinch of baking soda.
- Soak the beans overnight or for 8 to 24 hours.
- Drain the soaked water and rinse the beans well.
- Place the beans into an 8-quart pot with a 2-inch strip of Kombu (kelp).
- Cover the beans completely with 2 inches to spare.
- Bring the beans to a boil, skim and discard any scum.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 1 to 1.5 hours until the beans are tender.
TOP TASTING CHILI
- 2 lbs of grass-finished lean ground beef or naturally raised pork
- 1/4 cup to 1/3 cup of the prepared liver (see preparation of liver above)
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp unrefined salt (choose either Himalayan or Celtic sea salt)
- 2 medium cooking onions, finely chopped
- 4 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 cups of veggies, chopped (try red/orange/yellow/green peppers, carrots, celery, zucchini, and kale)
- 2-4, 28-ounce jars of crushed tomatoes with juice (depending on your taste)
- 1 cup of dried kidney beans, soaked overnight (see preparation of kidney beans above)
- 1 cup of water or chicken broth
- Freshly squeezed lime
- Black pepper
- Grated parmesan cheese (made from raw milk)
In a large stainless steel skillet or saucepan, saute the beef and liver (optional) with the chili powder, cumin powder, smoked paprika and salt over medium to high heat, breaking up with a fork until browned (browning is the KEY to the flavour). Careful not to burn of course.
Next, add the onions and cook for about another 5 minutes.
Then, add the garlic and veggies and cook for about 15 minutes.
Slow cooker if using: Move the mixture into your slow cooker (set on low for 1 hr) and add the crushed tomatoes and sauce, reserved bean cooking liquid, kidney beans, and water or chicken broth.
Large stock pot is using: Move the mixture into your large stock pot and mix in the crushed tomatoes and sauce, reserved bean cooking liquid, kidney beans, and water or chicken broth.
Heat to just boiling then simmer on low. Ready in 1/2 hour.
Top with freshly squeezed lime, chopped cilantro, black pepper, and parmesan cheese, serve and ENJOY!
Looking for more slimming and trimming recipes that also feed your family well? Check out my Recipe Ebook found here
For 30 Slimming and Filling Dishes Your Family Will Love!
Got health goals you want to reach – quicker, faster, easier and with more fun? Please contact me to get your very own Personalized Nutritional Plan to get you there.
Personalized Diet, Detox, and Daily Routine to fit YOUR body
Time to stop struggling and start getting Fit n Healthy!
- Top Tasting Chili Recipe For A Healthy Nutritious Complete Family Meal - October 31, 2018
- Nutritional Consultant Michale Helped Me Flourish Again! - May 15, 2018
- Top Health And Fitness Tips For Spring – Cleansing The Body - March 26, 2018
- The Book Launch Was A Great Success – Good Job - December 4, 2017
- What A Great Book Launch – It Was Really Lovely! - December 4, 2017
- I Loved Your Book Signing Party – A Wealth Of Knowledge - December 4, 2017
- My First Six Weeks to Fit n Healthy On Michale’s Program - December 4, 2017
- I Am Keeping It All straight With The Diet Program - October 12, 2017
- A Diet Plan With Fast Results – The Fit ‘n Healthy Program Works! - October 12, 2017
- I Am Grateful – I Sincerely Appreciate What You Do - October 12, 2017