I created these snack balls as an alternative to all the others that were full of WAY too much sugar, honey or sweetener. Switching to a whole foods, low carb way of eating, I was determined to create a snack ball that I can enjoy, transport around and offer to my kids to keep us all fit n healthy!
After some time fiddling with ingredients to get it perfect – I made it.
Welcome to the fit n healthy version of snack balls called, Chewy Chocolate Balls!
Enjoy as a healthy treat, offer them at parties, or use as your snack on the way to the gym or yoga class to curb that hunger and get a solid workout in! Feel free to sse as your pre workout or post workout snack.
Chewy Chocolate Balls
Yield: 10 1-inch bars
• ¼ cup ground flax seeds, hemp seeds, or coconut flakes
• ¾ cup nut or seed butter (try pumpkin seed, crunchy almond, macadamia nut
and cashew, hemp seed butter, or a combination)
• 1/4 cup maple syrup (Grade B), unpasteurized honey or coconut sugar
• 3 tbsp cacao powder
• 1 tbsp carob powder (optional)
• 1 scoop Pro Whey Isolate (vanilla) or equivalent protein powder
• a good pinch of unrefined salt (Himalayan or Celtic)
Place all ingredients in a food processor. Form into either balls or flat bars. Best served
immediately. Refrigerate the remaining chewy chocolate balls (they keep for only 5
days). Grab and go!
Roll balls in coconut flakes for a festive look.
If you like this, be sure to pick up my book, ‘The Fit n Healthy Plan, The healthy diet & lifestyle plan made easy!’
CHOCK FULL of delicious recipes that are quick to make, extremely satisfying and help you get to your ideal weight and energy. Great for both individuals looking for new and exciting recipes to try or if you have a family to feed well.
Not only is it a recipe book, but it’s also a lifestyle plan too for those who want to get and live the Fit n Healthy way!
- 6 REASONS YOU’RE NOT LOSING WEIGHT (AND HOW TO FIX IT SO YOU CAN) -
- How to Reset Your Body through DETOX without the dreaded DETOX REACTIONS -
- Find out how Winsome lost 23 lbs in 7 weeks after she almost lost hope -
- One bowl Wonder -
- How to Stop being Sick, Tired & Overweight- My Top 10 Health Myths – Part 3 of 3 -
- The secret to losing 20 or more pounds. Find out here -
- How can I eat and stay healthy during the holidays? -
- Delicious Squash Cookies -
- In a rush to eat healthy? 3 Healthy Vegetables That Cook Fast -
- Kale Soup with Veggies (perfect for the cold and flu season) -