I am about to share some quick to make, nutrient-dense healthy snacks that help you lose weight, get lean and stay that way. They’re also super smart to have on hand for grab and go. Whether you need something fast to take on your next spontaneous hike or have only 30 minutes between meetings, you’ll be shocked at how simple these snacks really are.
Not only that, if you have teenage kids like I do, having these healthy snack foods on hand will also keep them healthy too (and away from the packaged foods we know aren’t good for them).
Truth be told, my family eats and lives very simply. I really do not have the time to cook these days and we base 99% of our meals around simple, fresh, and real ingredients.
Before I share what we do as a family to stay ‘fit n healthy’ I want to point out what I see a lot of out there in ‘health magazines’ or posted on social channels as ‘healthy snacks’.
Some of which include
- avocado fries with lime dipping sauce
- fruit roll-ups
- double chocolate granola bars
- sweet trail mix
For one thing, I don’t know about you, but who has time to make these recipes? Furthermore, the ingredients I see are far from getting you into a leaner, cleaner, sexier version of yourself and even remotely ready for summer.
Too much sugar, too much flour and not necessary. If you truly want to look better from the outside we need to think about getting healthy from the inside and there is a much simpler, smarter way to do this.
Think Nutrient-Rich instead of Counting Calories for Weight Loss Snacks.
What I mean by that is I want you to start thinking about ‘nutrients’ instead of calories. Nutrients (e.g. amino acids, fatty acids, vitamins, minerals, and fiber) provide your body with what it needs to have proper body FUNCTION. The second part of this equation is are you absorbing your food and using it for repair, regeneration, building muscle, burning fat, supporting healthy hormone balance, and a robust metabolism?
Calories do not give you the entire picture. Where are the calories coming from? If it’s from non-nutrient sources that rob you of proper health and vitality like ‘healthy whole grains’ that aren’t properly prepared through soaking or sprouting, processed dairy that is devoid of their enzymes necessary for digestion, unsoaked nuts that are high in lectins, which can cause immune (allergic) reactions, gastrointestinal distress, that then further lead to nutritional deficiencies., refined sugar, vegetable oils, or chemicals you cannot read, then that is not what we want to lose weight and keep it off.
We want to think of nutrient-rich + digestibility for healthy snacks.
So what are my recommendations for Healthy Snacks That Help You Lose Weight (get lean and stay that way)?
- Ready-made wieners and cut up veggies. Try chicken, turkey, beef, or bison wieners (nitrite/nitrate-free). I like Wild Moon Pork European Weiners and sliced colored peppers, celery sticks, garden carrots, or cherry tomatoes. I simply dip wieners in a mixture of mustard and Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Mayo for best enjoyment and added health benefits.
- Pepperoni (nitrite/nitrate-free) and cut up veggies. Try bison, beef, or bison sausages. I like Pig City Pasture-raised meats located in Lumby.
- Hard-boiled eggs (simply boil for 8- 10 minutes) and cut up veggies. Get your eggs from a grass-fed, pastured, organic source, and eat the yolk! Yolks are high in choline, which is essential for proper brain and nervous system function (aka you get smarter and calmer).
- Beef or Buffalo Burgers and cut up veggies. Try salmon, veggie, beef/bison, or turkey burgers.
- Chewy Chocolate Balls and cut up veggies.
- The Perfect Protein Bar (my personal favorite). Take with you in a cooler and ice pack.
- Cheese and olives. Go for cheese made from raw milk and unpasteurized, ideally sourced from A2 cows, goat, or sheep.
- Lettuce wraps filled with organic meat, smoked wild salmon or eggs, with grated carrots, beets and sprouts, and Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Mayo, garlic. and relishes or chili sauce.
- Cottage Cheese Pancakes. Great tasting and easy to digest. Client and family favorite.
FROM THE DELI:
- Simple slices of organic meats and a side kale salad.
- Sushi. Avoid soy, edamame, and rolls with fried ingredients, and instead, enjoy sashimi and seaweed salad unless you’ve just finished a workout and using as your carb ‘re-feed’.
- Roast chicken and a side salad. Dress it with olives, avocado, crushed garlic, ground oregano, and parmesan cheese. Drizzle olive oil, balsamic vinegar or lemon/ lime to complete.
- Bean or lentil soup with a sprouted whole grain bun (buy more soup and have it tomorrow or add it to a previously soaked rice or quinoa for dinner).
- Samosa and a side of turkey sausages.
- Ready-made sandwiches (which include a protein source and made on sprouted grain bread).
- Mixed veggie salad and a side of sausages (nitrate/nitrite free). Try: turkey, bison, or beef sausages.
- Bean or lentil burgers with a side veggie salad containing either nuts/seeds or sprouted grain.
- Chicken or Beef soup (buy more soup and have it later or add it to a salad for dinner).
- Snack bar. Look for ingredients that contain dried fruits or natural sweeteners with nuts and seeds. Avoid artificial sweeteners, soy (unless fermented) and refined sugars (corn syrup, glucose, sucrose). I like Good Fats bar or Lara Bar.
- Bean or lentil salad. Add some cheese (made from raw milk) or sprouted whole grain for a complete protein.
When it comes to healthy snacks. Just keep it Simple. Clean. and Fresh to get lean, fit, and healthy. This will allow for easy weight loss and to keep ‘beach body ready’ all year round. THIS works!
Like this way of eating to lose weight and want more?
Are you over 40 and serious about losing 20+ lbs in 8 weeks or less without giving up your favorite foods (or wine)? I have a new 30-day program called, The Fit n Healthy Fat Loss Plan.
Includes a Customized Simple Diet, 30 Day Easy Meal Plan, 2-20 min weekly exercise program, top digestion and sleep tips to get you, whole-body health results fast, and for a lifetime. Want accountability? You got it! All part of my simple and complete fat burning, body beautiful, health-promoting plan.
Send me an email email@example.com to see if you quality