Wondering a good dinner idea to help you lose weight AND feed your family well.
I get it. It can be tough cooking something for the whole family that also fits into your weight loss/health plan.
And especially difficult after a tough day at work, busy doing errands or shuffling the kids around with all their activities.
So, I thought I would share exactly what I do to stay fit n healthy while feeding my family well.
Enjoy this beautiful family dinner together, connecting after a busy day. This is what I do and it makes the world of difference keeping our relationships and bodies healthy.
You’d be happy to know that this dinner idea only takes about 35-40 minutes to make and keeps you confident knowing that what you’ve made will also help you lose weight!
It’s time to skip the stress and struggle! And instead, replace it with love, connection, and delicious food!
Ready for it?
Here is my dinner idea to help you lose weight – Simple and delicious baked fish with oven-roasted veggies.
Here is what I do –
Step 1 – Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
Step 2 – Prepare your veggies. Gather your favorite veggies from this list – yams, sweet potatoes, beets, onions, and mushrooms. Using your vegetable peeler, scrape the outer skin from your yams and sweet potatoes, rince and place on cutting board. Then rince beets, onions, and mushrooms and place alongside the yams and sweet potatoes. Using a big knife, cut all veggies into ‘fries like’ wedges but leave mushrooms whole and place into a large bowl.
Step 3 – Coat your veggies. Pour a little coconut oil and sprinkle about 1/2 tsp of salt into the veggie mixture and toss with your hands until all veggies are coated with your healthy oil and salt.
Step 4 – Spread out your veggie/oil/salt mixture. Layer them onto a shallow oven tray and set aside for now.
Step 5 – Prepare your fish. Rince your fish and place in an oven proof baking dish to which you’ve added about 1/2 cup of filtered water (the water helps cook the fish evenly without burning).
Step 6 – Coat your fish. Pour about 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil to coat and sprinkle your favorite herbs and spices.
I like these herbs and spices
From left to right – Coconut sugar, rosemary, oregano, smoked chili pepper, and garlic powder.
Note – Put more of these flavors then you think you need. You will use the olive oil/herb/spice mixture as your delicious ‘sauce’ for later.
Step 7 – Cook your dish. Put the lid on your oven proof salmon dish and place it on the middle rack of your oven. Then put your veggie tray just below it on its own rack. Bake for about 20-25 minutes until fish is just cooked and veggies baked.
Here is a recipe I made that best describes how to make your oven baked veggies
Step 8 (final) – Serve your dish. I like to serve this by placing the selected piece of fish on top of the veggies. I call this my ‘one bowl wonder’.
Enhance the flavor of your dish with these ideas
- sliced black dried olives
- grated parmesan or asiago cheese
- freshly squeezed lemon or lime
- added salt and pepper
- added freshly cut parsley, cilantro, oregano, rosemary and tarragon
- more garlic!
One last tip for your dinner idea to help you lose weight
I frequently mix in raw veggies in with my cooked ones and start my ‘one bowl wonder’ this way.
There you have it, a quick to make dinner idea to help you lose weight AND feed your family well.
Want more health tips to get you in your best shape?
For a healthy diet and lifestyle plan –
For healthy recipes –
Download your FREE ebook, Michale’s Free Slimming and Filling Recipe Ebook
For help with a meal plan and recipes to reach your health and fitness goals FAST –
Please share this with someone else struggling to get their health back!
- The Perfect Protein Bar - November 18, 2019
- From stomach pain and extra weight to pain free and easy weight loss - November 13, 2019
- The Ultimate Squash Bread (great bread alternative) - November 11, 2019
- How to Start Eating Healthy Again - November 5, 2019
- Not Sleeping Well? 3 top tips to get your best sleep - October 23, 2019
- 3 Natural Ways to Avoid the Cold and Flu - October 2, 2019
- The Fit ‘n Healthy Plan Book – the healthy diet & lifestyle plan made easy! - September 30, 2019
- Morning Detox Drink (for fat flushing) - September 26, 2019
- 3 Reasons Why You’re Falling off the Fit and Healthy Track (and how to get back on) - September 13, 2019
- Here’s a quick-to-make dinner idea to help you lose weight AND feed your family well - September 5, 2019